Acquaint yourself with crucial documents you may inevitably encounter in the working world.

Form W-4—You'll probably fill out this Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate when you start a new job to determine how much you want withheld from your paycheck for taxes.

Form W-2—You should receive this Wage and Tax Statement from your employer in electronic or paper form. Use it to file your federal and state returns.

Form 1099—Your financial institution will send this to you if you've earned interest, sold an investment or received dividends during the tax year.

—Whether you get a paper or electronic statement each pay period, you should make sure it's accurate.


Credit Scores

Understand your credit score and get tips to improve it.

Learn More

Job Changes

Your career can change unexpectedly. Know what to do if it does.

Read More

Investing involves risk, including possible loss of principal.

The information on this website is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for specific individualized tax, legal, or investment planning advice. Where specific advice is necessary or appropriate, consult with a qualified tax advisor, CPA, financial planner, or investment manager.

The Charles Schwab Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, private foundation that is not part of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. or its parent company, The Charles Schwab Corporation.

Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. ("Schwab"). All rights reserved. Member SIPC.