Manage your spending better with these interative tools.
Suggestions for budgeting.
Creating a budget is one of the first steps toward financial well-being. Here are some tips to help you create and maintain a budget:
- Record your current expenses and sources of income.
- Review your spending and make any necessary adjustments.
- Stay on track—sticking to a budget isn't a one-time event, but an ongoing process.
Also consider these other budgeting tips:
- Live within your means.
- Question major expenses.
- Be realistic about what you can afford—and what you can't.
- Stay balanced. Saving is supposed to help you reach your goals, so reward yourself when you have.
Got a handle on your budget?
The information on this website is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for specific individualized tax, legal or investment planning advice. Where specific advice is necessary or appropriate, consult with a qualified tax advisor, CPA, financial planner or investment manager.